Women's Day 9 August 2018
- Published: 08 August 2018 08 August 2018
"There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish." - Michelle Obama
"A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt
“You, the women of South Africa, are one of the most powerful people on Earth. Change what you believe is possible for yourself.” - Oprah Winfrey
“As an African woman, I’ve learnt the importance of self-definition and living purposefully. It’s vital that every girl determines, as early as possible, who she is and what her contribution to humanity will be.”- Thuli Madonsela
‘You strike a woman, you strike a rock'
Professional Development Programme. Term 3 (2018)
- Published: 04 June 2018 04 June 2018
The Term 3 Programme runs from 30 July to 11 September 2018
Booking is essential
Download the programme and booking form: pdf Click here (206 KB)
Ministerial Task Team Report on History
- Published: 01 June 2018 01 June 2018
The Report of the History Ministerial Task Team (MTT), which was in established in 2015, was released by the Minister of Basic Education on 31 May 2018. One of the mandates of the MTT was to investigate the feasibility of making history compulsory in the FET phase.
The key recommendations are as follows:
• Introduce History as a compulsory subject in the FET (Grades 10 – 12) Phase.
• Life Orientation to remain a compulsory subject until Grade 9 (GET Phase).
• At FET Phase, compulsory History to replace Life Orientation as one of the Fundamental subjects.
• At the GET phase, Life Orientation to be maintained as a compulsory subject and the content should be strengthened.