NAPTOSA PRIMARY SCHOOL CONFERENCE – 11 MAY 2019
- Published: 12 April 2019 12 April 2019
NAPTOSA members and other interested teachers are invited to attend
NAPTOSA Primary School Conference
on Saturday, 11 May 2019, from 08:00 for 08:30 to 12:15
at the WITS School of Education, 27 St Andrews Road, Parktown, Johannesburg
Join NAPTOSA on 11 May 2019 for the second of our 4 professional conferences offered during 2019. The programme promises to be informative, practical and exciting.
The Conference is open to all primary school teachers. Over the past few years we have succeeded in absorbing all costs related to presenting professional conferences, primarily due to a sizable sponsorship. We are in the unfortunate position that sponsorship is not as generously available as previous years. The Provincial Executive Committee, regretfully so, had to take the escalating costs and decrease in sponsorship into account, and as from 2019 members will be requested to pay a registration fee of R50 per person. The registration fee for non-members is R150 per person. Proof of payment must please accompany the booking form.
You can download the Conference Programme and Booking Form pdf click here (170 KB) .
Infrastructure audit tool
- Published: 04 April 2019 04 April 2019
LETTER FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
15 March 2019
Dear NAPTOSA member,
NAPTOSA SCHOOL INFRASTRUCTURE AUDIT
- NAPTOSA wishes to do an audit of school infrastructure in the various provinces to enable engagement with the Department of Basic Education from an informed basis in order to enhance school safety and school environments.
- For this purpose we need the assistance of members to do an assessment of various infrastructure elements in their respective schools.
- It is accepted that members are not infrastructure experts. The audit therefore covers broad infrastructure areas on which members will be required to express a view, as perceived.
- The audit will be anonymous. The only information required will be an indication of the province and the name of the school, which information will not be used to match names of members to schools.
- Attached is a template to be utilized for the purpose of the audit. The template is structured in such a manner that participants only need to tick a value with regard to each of the infrastructure elements and sub elements (where applicable).
- For applicable elements/ sub elements a six (6) point scale is provided, with-
- 1 = Very poor
- 6= Very good
NAPTOSA Professional Development Programme 2019 - Term 2
- Published: 12 March 2019 12 March 2019
Professional Development Programme Term 2 (2019)
Workshops run from 16 April to 28 May 2019
Booking is essential
Download the programme in Word format: document Professional Development Programme for Term 2 (2019) (85 KB)