Salary scales available. Housing allowance increase for July 2018
- Published: 29 June 2018 29 June 2018
The following salary scales are available:
- PS staff (Gauteng NF 22 of 2018)
- Gauteng NF 26 - background information on scales and payment dates
- Therapists, psychologists and counsellors (Gauteng NF 27 of 2018)
- Educaors and lecturers (Gauteng NF 28 of 2018)
- Nurses (Gauteng NF 29 of 2018)
Clcik here to access the News Flashes Click here
Download the Government Gazette - salaries for educators, lecturers and therapists: pdf Click here (323 KB)
The DPSA has announced that, in line with PSCBC Resolution 7 of 2015, the housing allowance for qualifying employees will increase on 1 July 2018 by 4,7%, which is the average CPI for the past financial year.
The effect of the adjustment with effect from 1 July 2018, is as follows:
- the housing allowance, for home owners, will increase from R 1 276.00 to R 1 336.22 per month;
- employees who rent will continue receiving R 900 per month as part of the salary, whilst an amount of R 436.22 per month (i.e. the difference between R 1336.22 and R900) will be diverted to the employee’s individual-linked savings facility in the Government Employees Housing Scheme.