School Leadership Conference 3 and 4 August 2018
- Published: 16 July 2018 16 July 2018
SMT members are invited to reserve 3 and 4 August 2018 for the annual two day School Leadership Conference.
Venue: Kopanong Conference Centre, 243 Glen Gory Road, Norton Estate, Benoni
Time: Friday, 3 August 2018 – registration at 10:00
Saturday, 4 August 2018 – closing 13:15 followed by lunch
Although the Conference is open to members and non-members, members will receive preferential booking. The limit will be 230 participants.
Certificates of attendance will be issued and principals, deputy principals and departmental heads can earn 10 SACE CPTD points. Time-off letters for 3 August 2018 will be issued.
Cost structure: Residential (DBB) : R3000 per person (single accommodation)
Residential (DBB) : R2600 per person (shared accommodation)
Conference only : R1650 per person
Limited financial assistance (maximum R1000) is available for members from schools in Quintiles 1, 2 or 3 for part of the conference costs. Please note that only one person per school may apply for the assistance. Limited to 40 persons.
The full programme and booking form will be available shortly. In the meantime, here is some advance information:
- The programme will include plenary speakers such as Dr Anthea Cereseto and Leeanne Naidoo.
Electives will be offered on both Friday and Saturday giving participants an opportunity to attend 4 of the eight options. They will include bread and butter matters such as –
- Policy on the admission of special needs’ learners to mainstream schools.
- Understanding post provisioning
- ‘You are not alone’- Teachers’ rights and possible legal recourse available to teachers
- Knowing what to do when the employer brings disciplinary action against employees
- 21st century learners- who are they? What guidance can school managers give teachers to enable them to accommodate 21st century learners?
- What curriculum changes can we expect in January 2019?
- The frustrations, anxieties and stresses that come with the ‘old normal versus the new normal’ and the impact it has on staff morale.
Download the programme and booking form: pdf School leadership conference 2018 programme and booking form (391 KB)