Quality Education News : May 2019 (Issue 50)
- Published: 02 May 2019 02 May 2019
February edition of Quality Education News (QEN) Issue 50, May 2019
Message from the Editor of QEN:
For quality teachers of today, there's far too much to do in far too little time. There are schools where children are on site at 06:00. On top of the many hours in the classroom, teachers have extra-maural activities.
So, how do teachers survive, manage and keep on smiling?
Continue reading, pdf click here (534 KB) .
Infrastructure audit tool
- Published: 04 April 2019 04 April 2019
LETTER FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
15 March 2019
Dear NAPTOSA member,
NAPTOSA SCHOOL INFRASTRUCTURE AUDIT
- NAPTOSA wishes to do an audit of school infrastructure in the various provinces to enable engagement with the Department of Basic Education from an informed basis in order to enhance school safety and school environments.
- For this purpose we need the assistance of members to do an assessment of various infrastructure elements in their respective schools.
- It is accepted that members are not infrastructure experts. The audit therefore covers broad infrastructure areas on which members will be required to express a view, as perceived.
- The audit will be anonymous. The only information required will be an indication of the province and the name of the school, which information will not be used to match names of members to schools.
- Attached is a template to be utilized for the purpose of the audit. The template is structured in such a manner that participants only need to tick a value with regard to each of the infrastructure elements and sub elements (where applicable).
- For applicable elements/ sub elements a six (6) point scale is provided, with-
- 1 = Very poor
- 6= Very good
NAPTOSA Professional Development Programme 2019 - Term 2
- Published: 12 March 2019 12 March 2019
Professional Development Programme Term 2 (2019)
Workshops run from 16 April to 28 May 2019
Booking is essential
Download the programme in Word format: document Professional Development Programme for Term 2 (2019) (85 KB)